Copy editor, InHue Magazine (unpaid)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      InHue Magazine is an online health magazine for women of color launching in January 2013. We're looking for copy editors to help edit and make our content really shine. Applicants can look at our website at www.inhuemag.com.

      Position Description:
      Copy Editor –– Copy editors should have a strong background in AP Style and line editing. The ideal candidate should be able to work with their team of copy editors to help reporters have great copy while also helping them enhance their writing. They should aim to improve the reporter's prose not change the voice or intent of what was originally written. The copy editor should be a natural critical thinker. The ideal candidate will have had experience in a professional newsroom in a copy editing internship or job capacity. Helpful if candidates have background editing health news, but not necessary for consideration.

      Application Instructions: Email a one-page resume and three PDFs or three links to clips you've copy edited along with headlines and decks to jobs@... with subject line "Copy Editor Your First Name Your Last Name"

      Position at this time is unpaid.