Wanted: Top talent for summer 2013 internships

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012
      PROGRAM DETAILS
      The Star Tribune newsroom offers one of the best summer internship programs in our industry. We proudly produce the eighth-largest Sunday newspaper in the na­tion and operate the leading news and information website in the Twin Cities. We select candidates for paid 10-week internships each summer. The program targets college and graduate students interested in pursuing careers as reporters, copy ed­itors, photographers, multimedia producers and designers.
      • Interns are paid the same as a first-year professional, which is $692 a week for the summer of 2013.
      • This opportunity allows students to get re­al-world experience in a major daily news environment. It can also help with future employment prospects. Over the years, we have hired several of our summer interns in­to professional-level jobs.
      • Our interns are assigned mentors, in addi­tion to supervisors.
      • Senior writers and editors hold weekly brownbag lunches to speak with interns about building key skills.

      QUALIFICATIONS
      Most successful applicants have:
      • completed their junior year in college
      • worked for a college news outlet AND in­terned with at least one other professional daily news organization.

      While we would never say never, the odds of your landing one of our internship spots are not very good if you've never interned at a professional newspaper, news magazine or website. We're looking for budding journal­ists who've demonstrated they're ready to make the most of this opportunity.

      HOW TO APPLY
      • Your application must be uploaded or postmarked by Dec. 1, 2012. We prefer on­line applications.
      • We have different requirements for each craft area: reporting, copy editing/paginating, design, photography and multimedia.
      You can learn more about those require­ments and apply online here:
      http://startribunecompany.com/jobs

      QUESTIONS?
      Call Duchesne Drew at 612-673-7111 or e-mail him at ddrew@.... Or call Neal Justin at 612-673-7431 or e-mail him at njustin@....