Multi-faceted editor, Daily Press Media Group, Newport News, Va.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012
      The Daily Press is looking for a multi-faceted journalist who can act as page designer, copy editor and digital page producer for its combined print and digital night operation. Can you write compelling headlines that capture the essence of a story for print, then take the same headline and make it SEO-friendly for digital? Are you a great word editor who can also ensure the digital platform is updated with the latest breaking news and video? If so, we're eager to speak with you.

      The Daily Press Media Group is located in Newport News, Va., on the Virginia peninsula. We are surrounded by the York River, the James River and the Chesapeake Bay. Among the communities we cover: Hampton, Gloucester, Mathews, Williamsburg and Smithfield. We are the home to Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown. If you're a history buff, you'll never be at a loss for places to see. If you like great seafood, beaches and still want to watch the leaves change in the fall, this is the place for you. In addition, we are the home to many colleges and universities including Hampton University, Christopher Newport University and the College of William and Mary. We offer a great place to live as well as a great place to work.

      Please e-mail your resume, design clips and digital experience to Kevin Goyette at kgoyette@... by November 9, 2012.