Deputy Night Editor, Daily Press Media Group, Newport News, Va.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012
      The Daily Press Media Group is looking for a top-notch journalist who can fill the position of Deputy Night Editor and help us lead our growing production team. The deputy job, which is one of the top positions in our newsroom, helps to oversee the team responsible for production of all of our digital and print products.

      The deputy night editor must be capable of wearing many hats – supervising the desk and reporters, making smart coverage decisions on the fly, designing pages and editing copy in different sections and products, and transitioning seamlessly to the digital side as well. In addition, the deputy will also assist with other administrative and management tasks, including scheduling, training and special projects.

      The Daily Press Media Group is located in Newport News, Va., on the Virginia peninsula. We are surrounded by the York River, the James River and the Chesapeake Bay. Among the communities we cover: Hampton, Gloucester, Mathews, Williamsburg and Smithfield. We are the home to Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown. If you're a history buff, you'll never be at a loss for places to see. If you like great seafood, beaches and still want to watch the leaves change in the fall, this is the place for you. In addition, we are the home to many colleges and universities including Hampton University, Christopher Newport University and the College of William and Mary. We offer a great place to live as well as a great place to work.

      Please email a cover letter and a resume with design samples and digital experience to Kevin Goyette, Night Editor at kgoyette@....