job postings at Chicago Sun-Times

  • markallence
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2012
      We are hiring for designer/copy editor positions in news and sports.
      Here's the general info:

      The Chicago Sun-Times is looking for candidates to fill what is
      currently a print-focused position, but likely will grow to have a
      digital focus. We work in an Adobe InDesign and InCopy environment in
      an all-Mac newsroom. We also produce tablet apps using InDesign and
      the Mag+ plugin.

      While this is mainly a design- and editing-focused position,
      experience in blogging and social media will work in your favor, as
      will editing for the Web and familiarity with site maintenance.

      The Chicago Sun-Times is the flagship of the Sun-Times Media Group,
      comprised of eight daily newspapers and 32 weekly publications around
      the Chicago area. We value diversity in the workplace and are eager to
      have different voices and viewpoints represented by our journalists.

      And yes, everyone who works here is considered a journalist. Critical
      thinking, expediency and news judgement are our most highly sought
      skills.

      And the contact info:

      Craig M. Newman
      Managing Editor