Part-time copy editor, Gannett Government Media in Springfield, Va

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012
      Gannett Government Media in Springfield, Va., has an immediate opening for a part-time copy editor.

      We're looking for a superlative copy editor to craft headlines, ensure accuracy and enforce style for our six newsweeklies, four magazines and 11 websites.

      The ideal candidate has sound news judgment and a passion for sweating the details. Responsibilities include editing stories, proofing pages and writing headlines. Schedule includes weekday afternoons and evenings.

      Applicants should have at least two years of experience as a copy editor, preferably for a daily newspaper. Pagination experience with QuarkXPress is a plus.

      A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required, and familiarity with The Associated Press stylebook is a must.

      Respond to resumes@... or mail resume to:
      Gannett Government Media
      Attn: Recruiter
      6883 Commercial Drive