News copy editor, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2012
      Do you love editing and writing headlines for a variety of stories,
      from fast-breaking local news to detailed accounts of international
      events? Are you searching for a job at a newspaper that puts a
      premium on its print product?

      The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock, the 25th-largest daily
      newspaper in the U.S., is looking for news copy editors. In our
      newsroom, copy editors can concentrate on honing their editing and
      headline-writing skills. Copy editors also help on the wire desk,
      which builds stories using articles from different services. Our
      daily newshole has enviable space for international, national and
      local news.

      The successful candidate for this position on our night news copy
      desk should have a bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
      and at least two years of daily newspaper experience. Internship
      experience also is considered. He or she must know grammar,
      Associated Press style, punctuation and libel, and, of course, have a
      portfolio full of accurate, lively headlines. Leadership and/or wire-
      editing experience are pluses.

      Each applicant brought in for an interview will take a copy-editing
      test and have an editing and headline-writing tryout.

      Competitive salary is based on experience. Resumes, including a list
      of job references and examples of headlines and editing should be
      directed to: Sandra Tyler, news editor, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette,
      P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203 or styler@....
      Phone: (501) 378-3886.