East Coast Copy Editor, Grantland.com
- Grantland is looking for a part-time freelance copy editor to work remotely with its West Coast team (the site publishes on an East Coast schedule).
Grantland is a highly demanding, high-volume sports and culture website that places a focus on quality of content. We are looking for an individual who can assist the copy chief as final gatekeeper, the last pair of eyes, and a coordinator of consistency when it comes to style and tone. This individual will need to be organized and have the ability to manage a large volume of traffic.
The copy editor will also be responsible for ensuring the basic integrity of the copy, from grammar and style to simple fact checking (accurate statistics, correct years, names, etc.), with speed and efficiency.
The position is part-time, requiring 29 hours per week (schedule will likely be Mondays 7:30am-12:30pm EDT, Tuesdays through Fridays 8am-2pm EDT).
- Minimum three yearsâ experience copyediting magazine-style copy.
- At least two yearsâ experience at a major magazine or online publication.
- Experience in online media content preparation.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing online environment.
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and common web practices.
- Familiarity with sports terminology
- BS/BA degree in communication arts, journalism, or new media, or equivalent combination of education experience
Please send resume and cover letter to megan.i.creydt@....