Seeking copy editor/page designer

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2012
      The Quincy Herald-Whig, a 22,000-circulation daily newspaper in West-Central
      Illinois, has an immediate opening for a copy editor/page designer.

      Our copy desk works on all platforms. We¹re looking for someone who enjoys
      the challenge of taking a role in all operations on the copy desk <editing
      local copy, Web production, daily page design and taking a role in our
      social media sites.

      Good editing and headline writing skills are a must; experience in both page
      design and multimedia is a plus.

      Quincy is a town of just over 40,000 on the banks of the Mississippi River
      in West-Central Illinois, about two hours north of St. Louis.

      The Herald-Whig is an afternoon newspaper Monday through Friday and
      publishes morning editions Saturday and Sunday. We also have a weekday
      evening editing shift for our website.

      The newspaper is family owned, offers a 401(k), a flex plan and health,
      vision, dental, life and disability insurance. The Herald-Whig is an equal
      opportunity employer.

      Send a cover letter, resume and clips to: Gerri Berendzen, editorial
      production coordinator, Quincy Herald-Whig, 130 S. Fifth, Quincy, Ill.
      62301; e-mail, gberendzen@...; fax (217) 221-3395; or call (217)
      221-3371.