Copy Editor, Discover Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2012
      Kalmbach Publishing Co. has an outstanding career opportunity for a Copy Editor for its award-winning science title, Discover, which publishes 10 issues per year and has a circulation of more than 500,000. Reporting to the Managing Editor, this staff member will take the lead in copy-editing all text in the magazine.

      Duties:
      The Copy Editor will:

      • Copy-edit features, departments, and columns for both print and digital
      • Perform fact-checking and proofreading as required
      • Write headlines and decks for features and columns
      • Assist the Managing Editor in maintaining smooth workflow and meeting deadlines
      • Assist the Managing Editor in upholding the magazine's style and editing standards

      Qualifications:
      Applicants ideally will be dedicated copy editors with a keen interest in the quality and credibility of editorial content, an aptitude for details, and have at least 3 years of experience in copy-editing for consumer magazines, daily newspapers, or general-audience websites. Educational requirements are a degree in journalism, English, or an adjacent field. Our company's employee-friendly culture requires excellent team-building skills.

      How to Apply:

      Please apply for this position through the Careers page of the Kalmbach Publishing Co. website (www.kalmbach.com). Search jobs and click on "Copy Editor - Discover Magazine."

      To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:

      A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates specifically to this position

      Your salary requirements

      Kalmbach is located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits! For more information about Discover magazine please visit www.discovermagazine.com.

      EOE