Managing editor, Public Citizen, Washington, D.C.
- Public Citizen job description
Title: Managing Editor
Department: Health Research Group (HRG)
Reports To: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The managing editor is responsible for the editing and coordination of the production and distribution of two monthly newsletters. The editor is also responsible for administrative responsibilities and other duties as assigned by the Director.
1. Copy edit, proofread, and coordinate production of two monthly newsletters (Health Letter and Worst Pills, Best Pills News â" the latter is also posted online).
2. Copy edit, proofread, and cite check HRG reports, letters, and petitions. Maintain database of HRG publications.
3. Copy edit WorstPills.org drug monographs.
4. Provide or coordinate all necessary support for HRG researc projects, including but not limited to editing, data entry, research questionnaires, etc.
5. Coordinate all administrative support for HRG, including but not limited to processing bills, ordering office supplies and subscriptions, and overseeing all personnel processing and large mailings.
6. Answer consumer calls and letters.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment; self-starter with strong ability to work well both independently and in a group.
College degree required.
Minimum 3 years of full-time editorial/production experience is essential.
Knowledge of AP style preferred. Excellent organizational, editing, and proofreading skills. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to manage many projects at the same time.
Strong interest in and commitment to the public interest.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Cynthia Williams at cwilliams@.... Interviews will be starting on September 4, 2012.