Web copy editor, Governing Magazine, Washington, D.C.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2012
      Governing Magazine, an expanding D.C.-based media company covering state and local governments, is seeking an Associate Web Editor to help bolster its website.

      Our publication was founded 25 years ago and is read by the nation's top policymakers. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to a range of topics while working in a flexible work environment.

      This candidate's primary responsibility will be to copy edit and post news articles and other content to Governing.com. We're looking for someone with a passion for journalism and experience editing in a breaking news environment.

      Previous work experience for a print or online news publication is required. The candidate should be familiar with AP style, have a good sense of news judgment, and be comfortable using a content management system. Any experience with multimedia, HTML, and CSS is also a plus.

      This position will play an important role as the media platform continues to grow. The Associate Web Editor will work with a highly-motivated team of reporters, freelancers and editors to produce quality content for our readers. He or she will also interact with our IT and Marketing departments on occasion, so an ability to collaborate with others is key.

      To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Tiffany Mortimer, Human Resources Director: tmortimer@...