Copy editor, Sun Sentinel, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      The Sun Sentinel seeks an energetic copy editor for its night desk in Fort Lauderdale. The preferred candidate will: write creative headlines quickly; edit flawlessly for print, online and mobile; handle pagination; interact with our audience on social media; be comfortable with news, sports and business copy; take on new duties as circumstances require.

      Copy editing experience under deadline pressure is a must, as are digital skills. Familiarity with NewsGate and P2P is preferred. We need speed, news judgment, accuracy, thorough knowledge of AP style and a passion for South Florida's distinctive flavor.

      Applicants must be dedicated, flexible — and not be afraid to question copy.

      Submit applications to News Editor David Hayes DTCHayes@... by Friday, June 15. Include a cover letter, resume and examples of your work.