Page designer/copy editor, Metro USA

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Metro USA has an opening for a page designer/copy editor to join our newsroom.

      This position will primarily focus on designing, copy editing and writing headlines for national/international and local news, but the best candidate will feel comfortable editing and designing any section of the paper, which could include the front cover, entertainment or weekly features sections such as Travel or Home. Proficiency in QuarkXPress and/or InDesign is required, although experience on similar applications will be considered. Photoshop experience is preferred. You must have excellent news judgment and grammar skills and be proficient in AP Style. A test of technical design skills and a copy editing test will be required.

      This is not an entry level job. Candidates should have experience at a DAILY newspaper and the proven ability to handle tight deadlines. The anticipated shift for this position is Sunday-Thursday, from mid-afternoon to late evening.

      Candidates should have a minimum of two years experience at a daily newspaper. Applicants should submit a résumé and five design samples to Art Director Stephanie Hinderer at stephanie.hinderer@... (links to work online preferred).

      About us: Metro Newspapers in the US were acquired by Seabay Media Holdings and we are growing. We are the fifth largest circulated newspaper in the U.S., circulating 650,000 copies daily Monday to Friday, and reaching 1.2 million readers daily across New York, Philadelphia and Boston. Metro USA employees enjoy paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, and a 401(k). Metro USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

      No phone calls, please.