Copy editor, Gannett Government Media, Springfield, Va.

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 10:15 AM
      Gannett Government Media has an immediate opening for a full-time copy editor.

      We're looking for a superlative copy editor to craft headlines, ensure accuracy and enforce style for our six newsweeklies, four magazines and 11 websites.

      The ideal candidate has sound news judgment and a passion for sweating the details. Responsibilities include editing stories and proofing pages; writing headlines, captions and other amplifying text; designing pages; posting to websites and blogs; and reviewing all platforms for libelous content.

      Applicants should have at least two years of experience as a copy editor or reporter, preferably for a daily newspaper. Pagination experience with QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign is preferred.

      A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required, and familiarity with The Associated Press stylebook is a must.

      Please send resume to:
      Gannett Government Media
      Attn: Recruiter
      6883 Commercial Drive
      Springfield, VA 22159
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2012
        Gannett Government Media has an immediate opening for a full-time copy editor.

        We're looking for a superlative copy editor to craft headlines, ensure accuracy and enforce style for our six newsweeklies, four magazines and 11 websites.

        The ideal candidate has sound news judgment and a passion for sweating the details. Responsibilities include editing stories and proofing pages; writing headlines, captions and other amplifying text; designing pages; posting to websites and blogs; and reviewing all platforms for libelous content.

        Applicants should have at least two years of experience as a copy editor or reporter, preferably for a daily newspaper. Pagination experience with QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign is preferred.

        A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required, and familiarity with The Associated Press stylebook is a must.

        Please send resume to resumes@... or:
        Gannett Government Media
        Attn: Recruiter
        6883 Commercial Drive