Publishing editor, Arizona Republic, Phoenix

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 10:33 AM
      The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com are seeking digitally fluent, critical thinkers to join our Publishing Centers, part of our integrated print/digital/TV newsroom.

      Publishing editors are part of a team responsible for editing and publishing a wide variety of content for multiple platforms, including print, online and mobile. These multifaceted editors proofread content for big-picture concerns, such as story structure and legal issues, as well as more-detailed concerns, such as grammar, punctuation, spelling and style. They craft headlines, captions and other prominent display copy that is accurate, clear and compelling and they use SEO optimization techniques for digital publishing. There are Publishing Centers dedicated to News, Features, Sports and Community. We have openings in all four centers.

      Publishing editors may work directly with originating editors to ensure that content is relevant to audiences; is accurate, fair, tasteful, compelling and error-free; and adheres to legal, ethical and company standards. They also will select, refine and publish stories, photos, videos, link sets, SMS alerts, push notifications, email newsletters and other content for multiple platforms using an array of publishing software. They manage index pages as well as analyze online usage and audience behaviors.

      The Arizona Republic is one of the largest newspapers in the country, with over 1 million readers on Sundays. In 2011, azcentral.com measured more than 1 billion page views. 12 News, our NBC affiliate station, reaches 89 percent of the local audience each week. Together, Republic Media reaches 9 out of 10 people in the Phoenix metropolitan area every month.

      Most importantly, we produce great journalism.

      Please send resume and cover letter to:

      Keira Nothaft
      Deputy Managing Editor/Page One and First Amendment
      The Arizona Republic | www.azcentral.com

      keira.nothaft@...