Assistant editor, The Daily Record, Baltimore

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2012
      The Daily Record, Baltimore’s award-winning business and legal newspaper since 1888, has an opening for Assistant Editor. This person must be able to work independently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment, contributing to a variety of print and online products. Responsibilities include copy editing and writing headlines for the newspaper and its special sections, proofreading, compiling weekly features appearing in print and online and approving pages before they go to press. This person would also post material to our website using our WordPress content management system.

      Command of AP style is essential. Multimedia skills are a plus. There is no late-night or weekend work. The position is currently open and we are authorized to fill it as soon as we find a great applicant.

      To apply, please email me at tom.linthicum@... and send a cover letter and resume, including your knowledge of applicable software programs and content management systems.

      Tom Linthicum

      Executive Editor/Vice President

      The Daily Record