Copy Editor, Idaho Statesman, Boise Idaho

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2012
      The Idaho Statesman is looking for a full-time news copy editor to join our experienced and talented team. If you are a master of the English language, love to write compelling headlines, have a keen eye for details and can hit overdrive on deadline, you could join this award-winning team. The right person will have a passion for producing innovative and engaging daily papers and website that reflect our community and puts its interests first. The Idaho Statesman is the most widely read newspaper in the state in one of the best places to live in the country.

      The position also requires knowledge of journalistic skills as well as grammar, spelling and punctuation; keyboarding; ability to edit copy; ability to paginate and work under pressure. Knowledge of Quark software and newspaper pagination skills are a plus. The right candidate must have a basic knowledge of current events and local geography. The position will require working nights and weekends. Other requirements are a four-year college degree, preferably in journalism, or equivalent knowledge and training. Previous daily newspaper experience is a must. This position prepares all local copy for the overnight transition to our Web site.

      Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: jobs@...