Copy Editor/Designer, Tri-City Herald, Kennewick, Wash.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2012
      We need a talented copy editor/designer for our excellent midsize daily. We're looking for an innovative candidate with keen news judgment who can edit stories, write headlines and cutlines and design and paginate attractive news and feature pages under deadline pressure. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and some holidays.

      A successful candidate also should have a working knowledge of social media sites and will be posting breaking news, photo galleries and more as needed to our website.

      At least two years copy editing experience and a bachelor’s degree in journalism are preferred. Good organizational and time management skills are a must. Candidate must have strong grammar, editing and headline writing skills. They also should be a creative thinker and not be afraid to offer new ideas.

      Must be able to work proactively with reporters, editors and other departments to produce top-quality work. Should be adept with pagination software; familiarity with QuarkXPress and knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus.

      We are an award-winning member of the McClatchy Co. in an Eastern Washington community with one of the nation's fastest-growing economies. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diverse candidates.

      Send cover letter, resumé and list of references to Executive Editor Laurie Williams, Tri-City Herald, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA 99336, or email cchurch@....