Copy Editor/Page Designer, Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2012
      If you’re passionate about editing and design, we want you. The Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic copy editor/page designer who is a stickler for accuracy, grammar and style as well as a creative and resourceful designer. We’re looking for a team player who takes pride in, ownership of, and responsibility for everything they do. We need someone who is not afraid to speak up and ask questions or offer ideas. The copy editor/page designer will work on our news/features copy/design desk with mostly evening and weekend hours. While the copy editor/page designer mostly is responsible for print publications, he or she shares responsibility for our online news sites with others across the newsroom.

      Requirements:

      --2 to 4 years of daily newspaper editing and design experience.

      --Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.

      --Intermediate- to expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Professional.

      --Thorough knowledge of AP Stylebook.

      --Experience working with a Web CMS and basic HTML knowledge is strongly desired.

      The Journal Star serves Nebraska’s capital city, University of Nebraska-Lincoln and much of Southeast Nebraska. The Journal Star and its websites, JournalStar.com and HuskerExtra.com, are the dominant sources for local and sports news in the area. Lincoln is a fast-growing community of 260,000 and is regularly rated nationally as one of the best places to live and work.

      If you think you have what it takes, go to our online job site (http://journalstar.com/app/workhere/) and apply for this position. IN ADDITION, email your resume, cover letter and portfolio (PDFs or link to your portfolio online preferred) to Jim Johnson, News Editor, at jjohnson@.... No snail-mail applications accepted.

      The Journal Star a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen before commencing employment. EOE