Copy editor, Tampa Bay Times, St. Petersburg, Florida

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2012
      The Tampa Bay Times, formerly the St. Petersburg Times, is seeking an experienced copy editor. We're looking for an editor who can spot holes in stories, write top-notch headlines that will draw readers in print and online and be trusted to ensure the work is as close to perfect as humanly possible. You need a firm grasp of AP style, spelling and grammar, and you should be able to work with reporters, editors and others to make the story the best it can be. The ability to design pages is a plus, but is not mandatory. Hours include nights and weekends. This is an exciting time to join Florida's Best Newspaper. We changed our name on Jan. 1 to better reflect the growth of the St. Petersburg Times and our commitment to the entire Tampa Bay region. But underneath the new banner we're still the eight-time Pulitzer Prize winning newspaper we've always been. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Ron Brackett, Senior Editor/Nights and Copy Desk, at rbrackett@....