Copy Editor/Page Designer, The Herald-Whig, Quincy, Ill.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2011
      The Quincy Herald-Whig, a 22,000-circulation daily newspaper in West-Central
      Illinois, has an immediate opening for a copy editor/page designer.

      Our copy desk works on all platforms. We¹re looking for someone who enjoys
      the challenge of being involved in all operations of the copy desk < editing
      local copy, doing Web production, designing daily print pages and taking a
      role in our social media sites.

      Good editing and headline writing skills are a must; page design and
      multimedia experience are recommended.

      Quincy is a town of just over 40,000 on the banks of the Mississippi River
      in West-Central Illinois, about two hours north of St. Louis.

      The Herald-Whig is an afternoon newspaper Monday through Friday and
      publishes morning editions Saturday and Sunday. Our copy desk works day
      shifts weekdays and rotates night shifts on Fridays and Saturdays. Some
      night web editing may be involved.

      The newspaper is family owned, offers a 401(k), a flex plan and health,
      vision, dental, life and disability insurance. The Herald-Whig is an equal
      opportunity employer.

      Send a cover letter, resume and clips to: Gerri Berendzen, editorial
      production coordinator, Quincy Herald-Whig, 130 S. Fifth, Quincy, Ill.
      62301; e-mail, gberendzen@...; fax (217) 221-3395; or call (217)
      221-3371.