Copy editing positions, China Daily, Beijing
- Position: copy editors for News, Features, and Online Edition/Business writers
Company: China Daily based in Beijing, China
Job Status: On contract basis
The China Daily newspaper group is looking for English-language copy editors for News, Features, and Online editions and business writers to strengthen its international team. We offer a competitive salary package, free accommodation with utilities paid for.
1. Assist the editors in setting goals and working on achieving them;
2. Be an excellent team person who can generate ideas and think creatively, be able to rewrite totally if needed and mentor junior staff;
3. Ideally being working or have worked in a position of responsibility and understand what leadership entails;
4. Have had at least 5 years' editing experience working on large or national print media.
5. Have good knowledge about news, both Chinese and the world;
6. Substantial knowledge about Chinese affairs, a major plus;
7. Applicants for the position of Copy Editor, Online, should have at least five years of experience in major websites, particularly news websites;
8. Applicants for the positions of business writers should have at least three years of working experience at major news media.
Please send resume, cover letter and two clips that can best represent your writing or editorial experience to job@.... We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions; however, only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.