Technical Editor, SVT, New York
- Job Description
The technical editor is a skilled communications professional with experience and comfort in writing and editing highly complex technical material. S/he has the ability to interact knowledgably with subject matter experts across a range of architectural, engineering, and other design disciplines; to synthesize information from numerous subject matter experts and develop it into seamless, engaging content; to ensure the emphasis and accuracy of messaging; to edit content for sense, clarity, and consistency; and to produce accurate, high-quality content under deadline. The ability to work in a corporate environment, while representing the marketing department professionally and positively, is an asset.
· Write, edit, and ensure accuracy of highly visible and complex technical content used in project proposals, including but not limited to technical understanding, scope, and firm experience
· Edit for style, syntax, grammar, and consistency
· Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of various industry disciplines, methodologies, and technologies
· Shape the critical messaging the firm submits to its clients
· Develop thorough knowledge of the firm's projects and how best to represent them to potential clients
· Cultivate trusted relationships with internal subject matter experts and work closely with marketing communications staff to achieve project goals
· Conduct regular interviews with technical professionals at all levels of the organization
· Interact with marketing communications and technical staff to help schedule review and ensure timely delivery of materials
· Work overtime as required to meet deadlines
· B.A. in communications, English, journalism, or B.S. in industry-related field; 7 to 10 years of experience, including technical writing
· Ability to elicit critical technical strategy and methodology to develop sound content
· Knowledge of Microsoft® Suite, including Word, Outlook and Excel; familiarity with Microsoft® Access and Adobe® InDesign® a plus
· Familiarity with proposals, presentations, and qualification submissions
Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter demonstrating how your experience qualifies you for this position.
Send your materials to Charles.Morris@.... No phone calls, please.