Copy Editor, Vacation Publications, Houston

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2011
      Vacation Publications Inc., a major Houston-based publisher of national consumer magazines, is searching for a full-time copy editor.

      A degree in journalism with emphasis in magazine editing is preferred, and two to five years experience in print journalism is required. Duties will include copyediting, proofreading, fact-checking and writing. Applicant must demonstrate strong skills in spelling, grammar, syntax and AP style, with accuracy and attention to detail essential. The junior copy editor will be working with articles, special reports and books through final production and page checks.

      The person in this position will work closely with our editors and graphic artists and should take pride in contributing to a well-crafted publication. We are looking for a team player who has a positive attitude and the ability to focus, multitask, think and work independently in a deadline-oriented environment.

      Salary commensurate with experience.

      Interested applicants should live in or be moving to the Houston area as no relocation expenses are paid. Nonsmokers only.

      Please send resume and cover letter to Thain Allen at tallen@....