Copy Editor/Designer, Lincoln Journal Star

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14 3:02 PM
      The Lincoln Journal Star, serving Nebraska's capital city and Southeast Nebraska, seeks an experienced Copy Editor/Designer.

      Copy Editor/Designers must demonstrate strong word and visual skills, be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications, have a solid background in editing (grammar, spelling, punctuation, AP style, comprehension and libel), demonstrate strong news judgment and knowledge of history and current events.

      The successful applicant will join our news and features copy desk and assist in preparing content to JournalStar.com via our integrated print/web CMS. Hours and days will vary.

      Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or better and at least three years of daily newspaper experience as a copy editor and designer.

      The Lincoln Journal Star offers exciting career opportunities and competitive salary. This position is a full-time career opportunity offering a highly competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.

      Application is a TWO step process:
      -- Applicants must apply online at http://journalstar.com/app/workhere/

      -- Applicants also must e-mail resume, cover letter and portfolio (PDFs or link to portfolio preferred) to News Editor Jim Johnson at jjohnson@.... Maximum size of email and attachments combined cannot exceed 3 MB. Multiple files can be sent in batches. No snail-mail applications will be accepted. Deadline to apply is October 5, 2011.

      We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.

      EOE