Managing Editor, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
- Primary Purpose:
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia seeks a Managing Editor for the Books and Special Projects team. Under the guidance of the Editorial Director, the Managing Editor will set, oversee and enforce all deadlines related to each stage of the production of books and special issues for the edit, art, and production departments.
- Set proof and closing schedules
- Manage flow of art and edit and ensure on-time delivery of all materials for press production
- Liaise with the managing and production editorial staffs at book publisher and other outside partners as needed
- Maintain and update lineups and editorial calendar
- Help manage editorial workflow in department. Has final responsibility for grammar and consistency of language
- Manage all proofreading-related activities and ensure edit changes are made as approved
- Maintain style guide
- Direct and manage the research department. Has final responsibility for accuracy of facts
- Hire freelancers as needed
- Serve as line editor/top editor as necessary
- Candidates should have at least seven plus years of editorial experience
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign/InCopy programs are a plus.
- An interest and passion for the Martha Stewart Brand and its editorial content areas is preferred
To apply for this position please go to: https://careers.mslo.com/Pages/JobDescription.aspx?postid=232