Online reporter, Erie (Pa.) Times-News

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2011
      The Times Publishing Company in Erie, Pa., publisher of the award-winning Erie Times-News and GoErie.com, immediately seeks an online reporter to help us push our immediacy and interactivity to the next level. This position produces multimedia news content for GoErie.com, helps to lead to our social media efforts and maintains our databases.

      Qualifications:

      * Basic HTML knowledge and general familiarity with Web-based content/publishing/production applications.
      * Working knowledge of Caspio or similar online database applications.
      * Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately.
      * Strong organizational and writing skills.
      * Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field and significant journalism experience. Experience in a broadcast/online newsroom a plus.

      Applications must be received by Wednesday, Aug. 24. Those interested should send a cover letter, resume with telephone and e-mail contact information, and examples of their work to Jeffrey Hileman, online editor, Times Publishing Company, 205 W. 12th St., Erie, PA 16534 or by e-mail to Jeffrey.hileman@....