Editor/Designer, Chicago Tribune

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011
      Tribune Company is looking for full-time and part-time editor/designers.

      We're looking for people who possess sound news judgment, solid copy editing skills, an ability to write snappy headlines and draw clean and attractive pages – all while working under multiple daily deadlines. This position promises to be challenging, evolving and thoroughly rewarding.

      A can-do attitude is a must as you may be expected to communicate with and find solutions for editors from various Tribune newspapers. Each day requires a talent for clear organization and project management.

      You would edit and design local, national, features and sports stories and pages. The work environment is fast-paced but also provides ample opportunity for learning and growth.

      The requirements: At least two years of editing and design experience, preferably in a daily news deadline environment.

      The preferences: Proficiencies in Photoshop, InDesign, Layout Champ or a similar design program.

      Please send a cover letter, resume and published work examples to Deputy National Content Editor LaToya Smith atllsmith@....