Freelance editor, Prosperity Prana, New York

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27 11:14 AM
      Prosperity Prana, LLC, a fast-growing finance education service company, is seeking freelance editor for our book and web content. We publish children's books and stories through both traditional media and web/mobile media. You may find some of our content at www.economicfairytales.com. The editor will be responsible not only for the technical edits (grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency), but also for composition edits (sentence structure, possible reorganization of paragraphs, rephrasing text for clarity and age-appropriateness, tone).

      To qualify for this position, the illustrator must have the following qualifications:
      Native speaker of American English
      Demonstrated experience in editing children's books/stories
      Proficiency in using Microsoft Word
      Previous publishing experience preferred
      Previous teaching experience desired but not required
      Strong project management skills to ensure on-time delivery of results
      Strong communications skills and ability to work as a team
      Flexible and dependable

      If interested, please submit your resume and sample editing work based on the content you have seen on our web site. The stories on the web site currently are intended for tweens in high school and college. We are in the process of developing stories for children of age 4—8 years old. Please also quote you desired compensation rate based on word count and hourly rate. Candidates who make it to the final round of selection will be required to provide previous client references as well. Please contact us at the following email address info@....