Editorial associate, QuinStreet, Foster City, Calif.
- QuinStreet is seeking a full-time editorial associate to join a team producing content for multiple personal finance websites. The right candidate will be a strong editor, ideally with journalism experience, and have working knowledge about the mortgage, insurance, and/or banking industries. As part of the Editorial division, the associate will work with freelance writers, edit and optimize content for web publication, and complete special projects and administrative tasks as needed.
Though the ideal candidate will have both financial experience and a professional background in editing or writing, candidates with a relative strength in one or the other will be considered. For instance, a former reporter or copy editor with a personal interest in consumer financial topics or a financial services professional with top-notch editing skills could both be profiles of a strong candidate.
The successful applicant will report to the Senior Finance Editor in the Editorial Division. QuinStreetâs Editorial Division is based in Reno, Nevada, but this position may be based in Reno or in QuinStreetâs Foster City, California, headquarters.
Must-have skills include: the ability to communicate clearly and tactfully, a customer service mindset, and the ability to multitask and make independent decisions in a rapidly paced and constantly changing environment.
- Bachelorâs degree
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize a large number of concurrent projects under time pressure
- Strong writing, editing, and copy editing skills (journalism experience and familiarity with AP or other style guide desirable)
- Professional experience with financial services industries (mortgage, insurance, banking) or academic exposure to financial concepts
- Must be comfortable with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel, and be able to pick up new technology/applications with ease
- Excellent Internet research skills, including the ability to identify credible sources
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) desirable
To apply, please visit http://bit.ly/qR5Y3z