News Editor, Newark Star-Ledger

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2011
      The Star-Ledger is seeking an experienced News Editor to lead our Universal Desk. The right candidate will bring good news judgment, page layout and InDesign skills, leadership experience, the ability to improve headlines under tight deadlines; will be able to change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel... you get the idea. We need a top-notch player-coach who can lead a young and talented 45-person desk to deadline without flinching. It's a demanding but rewarding job: Our previous News Editor has just been tapped to be the Managing Editor at a sister publication.

      Interested candidates should contact Assistant Managing Editor Mark Miller, 1 Star-Ledger Plaza, Newark NJ 07102 or through email at mmiller@.... Applicants should send a resume, five references and samples of both pages and headlines. The Star-Ledger, a three-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize, is a 250,000 circulation daily in Newark, N.J., a short hop from NYC. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.