Freelance copy editor, CommunicateHealth, Northampton, Mass.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2011
      CommunicateHealth is looking for a talented copy editor to retain as a consultant on an as-needed or on-call basis. This is not a staff position, and you will not be expected to work at our office. However, the ability to meet with us periodically in-person at our Northampton, MA office is appreciated. We anticipate our needs will fluctuate, but may vary up to 15 hours a week of services needed.

      Duties: The copy editor is responsible for editing, copyediting and proofreading electronic and print materials developed by CommunicateHealth. The copy editor maintains quality control and standards of style, grammar, accuracy and consistency for CommunicateHealth and its clients.

      Qualifications:
      --3 years of experience as a professional copy editor, 5 or more years strongly preferred
      --Bachelor's degree in relevant area such as English or Journalism
      --Ability to take direction with limited instruction
      --Experience working with plain language materials for consumer audiences
      --Experience developing and maintaining client style guides
      --Familiarity with public health, health education, and online health communication preferred

      Software:
      Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, and Adobe InDesign strongly preferred.

      Compensation:
      Please indicate your billing rate with your application.

      To Apply:
      Please email your resume, a before-and-after sample of your copy editing work, your hourly billing rate, and 3 client references to jobs@....

      Sarah Pomerantz
      CommunicateHealth, Inc.