A1 designer, Marin Independent Journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2011
      The Marin Independent Journal is looking for a talented designer and wordsmith to handle its front page and other news pages as well as features covers on occasion. We need an editor who will take ownership of A1, from being involved in the planning process to creating the centerpieces and writing the headlines and cutlines. The ideal candidate can effortlessly juggle several balls (or pages) with flair.

      The IJ is a 30,000-circulation daily across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. A year ago we were honored as the best California newspaper in our circulation category, winning the CNPA’s award for General Excellence even though we are one of the smallest papers in our division.

      Experience: Minimum five years daily newspaper experience as a designer and editor. Must be skilled in use of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Bonus points awarded for social media and online content management skills.

      To apply:

      Submit a resume and at least five examples of pages to Executive Editor Doug Bunnell, dbunnell@...

      Marin Independent Journal
      150 Alameda del Prado