Copy editor, 21st Century weekly, China Daily, Beijing

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2011
      21st Century, an English-language educational weekly published by China Daily, based in Beijing, is looking for full-time on-site native English-speaking copy editors.

      The job falls mainly into three categories: 1) rewriting and copy-editing stories written by staff and from other media resources; 2) writing headlines, reading proves and contributing ideas in story selection and layout and so on; 3) helping production and development of other editorial materials in the English newspapers, which include writing stories, columns, reviews, doing headlines for our mobile news media and recording stories for readers of our website, etc.

      The ideal candidate would have a university degree in journalism with rich related journalistic work experiences or teaching experiences. He or she must be good at writing dynamic headlines in English. He or she must be able to work to a deadline in a team atmosphere.

      To apply, please send your resume and writing samples to recruit@....

      Deadline for applications: around mid June, 2011.