Senior Editor, ICF International, Fairfax, Va.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2011
      Job Number: 1100001052
      Health, Education & Social Programs, Education Division

      ICF International seeks a Senior Editor to work within our Education Division based in Fairfax, VA. ICF's Education Division conducts technical assistance, research, and evaluation projects in a wide range of content areas including school turnaround, standards and assessments, dropout prevention, teacher professional development, and teacher and student mentoring. Our work focuses on important policy issues, uses rigorous and innovative technical assistance and evaluation methods, and involves working closely with our clients and others to ensure that results are relevant, useful and make a difference. We seek an Senior Editor to perform the range of editing functions from copy editing to content editing to editing for coherence to substantial rewriting. Candidates should also be willing and able to work accurately and patiently under tight and shifting deadlines.

      Key Responsibilities:

      * Review, rewrite, and edit a variety of documents (reports, PowerPoints, webcopy, emails, etc.)
      * Review copy for errors in grammar, punctuation, syntax, and spelling
      * Check copy for style, readability, and agreement with editorial policy
      * Occasional original writing of summaries or abstracts of longer documents
      * Oversee formatting and production of publications
      * Verify facts if needed

      Basic Qualifications:

      * Bachelors degree in journalism, English or related field required, masters preferred
      * Minimum eight years of experience as an editor in a professional setting
      * Knowledge of education reform
      * Familiarity with style manuals, including APA, Chicago, and AP

      Professional Skills:

      * Impeccable copy editing skills
      * Capable of substantive editing and rewrite
      * Ability to summarize complex documents, accurately and clearly, in abstract or digest form
      * Ability to format documents using basic Microsoft Word tools

      About ICF International:

      ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's Web site is www.icfi.com.

      ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V

      To apply, visit https://icfi.taleo.net/careersection/icf_prof_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=71020