Copy Editor, Media General Consolidated Center, Richmond, Va.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2011
      Media General's Consolidated Editing Center (CEC) in Richmond, Virginia, has an opening for a versatile, deadline-oriented copy editor.

      Richmond, the capital of Virginia, is a growing region that is near the beach, the mountains and the nation's capital, and our work is growing, too. Our innovative new center has a broad footprint - with branches in Richmond and Tampa, Fla., we handle editing and page design for MG's three metro dailies: the Richmond Times-Dispatch, The Tampa Tribune and Winston-Salem Journal.

      We are seeking an editor with strong news judgment and an analytical mind under deadline pressure, as well as a love of language and current events, top-notch headline-writing talent, full knowledge of AP style and excellent fact-checking skills. You need to be a strong communicator who can work well with writers and editors in multiple newsrooms and balance overlapping assignments and deadlines. Several years of daily newspaper editing experience is preferred, but less will be accepted if you have excellent skills. Page-design experience is a plus, as is experience with the CCI system. Flexibility to work nights and weekends.

      Apply by June 1, 2011. Go to https://mediageneral.silkroad.com/epostings and select the "news" category, then scroll to and select Copy Editor (RNI-001185). (EOE M/F/D/V drug test and background check required; e-Verify is used upon hire to confirm eligibility for employment in the U.S.)