Contract senior editor, PayPal, San Jose, Calif.
- Senior Editor, PayPal
6-month contract position
Onsite in San Jose, Calif.
PayPal, an eBay company and innovator of the world's online payments, is looking for a Senior Editor who is passionate about the written language, has great communication skills, and is highly motivated to produce top-notch work. This person should be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously and working collaboratively with different teams in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment. The opening is for a 6-month contract.
The Senior Editor contract position requires working closely with Product Content writers to help ensure consistent, user-friendly messaging across the website and in emails. In addition to the writing teams, the Senior Editor works closely with UI and Visual Designers, Product and Marketing Managers, Project Managers, and the Legal and Production teams.
The Senior Editor needs to be versatile and able to edit different kinds of communications, including marketing collateral, website feature development, user instructions and manuals, and Help Center FAQs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Edit website content and emails for PayPal voice and tone, grammar, clarity, conciseness, and consistency with the PayPal Content Style Guide.
· Ensure copy is on-brand and free of jargon.
· Work with cross-functional teams, such as Content Managers, UI and Visual Designers.
· Keep track of schedules and deadlines, and help drive projects to completion.
· Manage legal reviews of all content, ensuring that PayPal messaging is in legal compliance.
· Become a subject-matter expert for assigned product areas.
· Attend kickoff meetings and provide estimates on projects.
· Provide new terminology and guidelines for the Content Style Guide.
· 5+ years of copyediting experience for a major website, agency, and/or newspaper.
· 3+ years of editing for online.
· 2+ years editing marketing writing.
· Basic understanding of web user interface and design issues; comfortable with technology.
· Familiarity with AP Stylebook, Chicago Manual of Style, and other standard references.
· Excellent project-management skills.
· Positive attitude, tolerance for ambiguity and desire to drive toward results.
· Great troubleshooting and communication skills.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Ability to work well across diverse teams and departments.
· Ability to think globally and edit content for easy translation.
· Able to manage own work, balancing multiple projects requiring coordination across a number of teams.
· Good organizational skills; ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
· B.A./B.S. degree or higher.
· Experience leading projects.
· Experience editing for SEO.
· Experience working in a CMS.
Reply to jalindsey@...