Penton Media, a nationwide leader in business-to-business publishing, has an immediate opening for a team-oriented Associate Editor to work in our Chicago office for business publications that cover topics pertinent to the retail and wholesale baking industries for Modern Baking and Baking Management magazine.
The Associate Editor collaborates with the Editors to write and edit articles and news stories that appear in the print edition, the e-newsletter and other e-media related content on www.modern-baking.com and www.baking-management.com, the publications' web sites
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate and adminster material for web, including but not limited to, news items, articles, tradeshow reviews and photo galleries.
Coordinate coverage and write features that appear in the product news and features sections of the print edition by conducting interviews and acquiring art.
Coordinate the art/production stage of the print edition, including editing and proof-reading pages, assisting in the coordination of copy and page flow, laying out pages in In-Design by placing text, art and fractional ads according to the Baking Group's design specs.
Attend major industry events to provide editorial coverage and represent Baking Management in a professional manner.
· Self-starter who is self-motivated with five years of reporting and editing experience on a monthly publication. Experience in the food industry is a plus.
· Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written. Also possess good computer and listening skills, as well as a good command of the English language, grammar and the Associated Press Stylebook.
· The ability to understand ingredient and equipment technology, baking production processes and consumer behavior affecting demand of baked products.
· Outstanding relationship building and ability to interview sources, organize and write feature articles, news stories and execute good note-taking skills.
· Proficient in production editing, preferably In-Design. Excel, Word, and web-based programming preferred.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume w/salary history and writing samples to hr.jobs@...
or visit us at: http://www.penton.com/Job/tabid/104/Default.aspx?Job=239