Print designer, Politico, Arlington, Va.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2011
      Print designer

      Available: 02/07/2011

      Department: Production (Design Desk)

      Contact: employment@...

      Description: POLITICO has an opening for a motivated designer skilled in print and online media to join our expanding newsroom. This job will involve the layout of front and inside pages for our newspaper, longer-term projects including glossy magazines and special sections, as well as occasional Web projects. We¹re seeking a designer with experience in journalism, a track record for collaborating effectively with editors and reporters, and a demonstrated interest in politics.

      Qualifications:The ideal candidate must have an ability to work swiftly and efficiently under tight deadlines and must be adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously, with a solid understanding of news design principles and experience creating informational graphics. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are required. Experience with Flash and interactive graphics is a plus. Bachelor¹s degree is required. This position will include some Sunday shifts.

      To apply: Please send a résumé, cover letter and clips to employment@... with this in the subject line: Print designer. No phone calls, please.

      It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.