Associate Editor, American Solar Energy Society, Atlanta
- The American Solar Energy Society seeks a tech-savvy associate editor for its award-winning, four-color magazine, SOLAR TODAY, the SOLAR TODAY website and the Solar@Work e-newsletter. Primary duties include managing production schedules; copy editing to AP style and proofing the magazine; acting as the editorial liaison to the art director and printer; assisting with online production and website operations; and implementing social media strategy. The associate editor reports to the editor and works in our Boulder office.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in a related field, plus 3 to 5 years of experience in journalism or communications.
· Excellent organizational, writing, editing, proofing and research skills.
· Experience with online publishing and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to deliver accuracy and high quality.
· Top-notch interpersonal skills, diplomacy and the ability to work collaboratively with a small staff and member volunteers are essential.
Based on experience and qualifications, compensation for this position is $32,000 to $40,000 plus full benefits.
To apply, send work samples with a resume and cover letter stating salary history and three professional references (including the past two direct supervisors) to editor@... by Jan. 4. Full job description at ases.org/jobs.