Copy editor/page designer, The Fresno (Calif.) Bee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2010
      The Fresno Bee is looking for a talented page designer/copy editor for our Universal Desk, which handles news, sports, business and features. The job would primarily be designing sports pages and working sports copy (local and wires), but as the name Universal implies, we all do a little of everything.

      The Bee is a morning paper, so the shifts are evening and weekends.

      Candidates must have a solid grasp of design principles; have pagination experience; have an excellent command of grammar and AP Style; have at least a working knowledge of print and online production; be computer literate; be able to adapt to changing technologies; be able to work well in print and online platforms; be able to multitask; be able to work within a team; and have a familiarity with and an interest in a broad range of topics and current events.

      If you are interested in applying, please e-mail Kris Eldred, AME/Presentation, at The Fresno Bee (keldred@...). Include a cover letter, resume and work samples. Application deadline is Nov. 26. The Bee is an EOE.