Galley Proof Reader, MID Foundation, freelance-basis, off-site

  • acesjobseditor
      Sender: notify@yahoogroups.com

      An experienced proof reader is required for galley proofing of English mast=
      er documents before they go to print by a multilingual publishing consortiu=
      m representing specialized
      agencies of the United Nations focusing on food and hunger issues.

      Candidates MUST be native English speakers, no exceptions. Galley proofing =
      looks out for lingering errors that were not caught during the editing stag=
      e, errors that were introduced
      during the design stage, logical errors, and adherence to the style house o=
      f the originator in question. We are not looking for editing and the assump=
      tion is that at that stage of
      production, the text has been thoroughly vetted. The documents we work on r=
      ange from short to medium sized brochures (2-32 pages) and longer publicati=
      ons (100-300+ pages).
      Topics are limited to international development, agricultural sciences, gen=
      der and development, food security, hunger, and applied social sciences.

      The turn around rates are reasonable, the work is steady, the quality of th=
      e documents we provide are excellent to start, and payment is processed pro=
      mptly within 30 days net upon
      receipt of a properly formatted electronic invoice through Pay Pal, telegra=
      phic transfer, or US dollar check .

      If you have the necessary skills and qualifications, please write to dispat=
      cher@... to introduce yourself and include an updated resume, an=
      d an indication of your
      availability and schedule.

      The MID Foundation www.midfoundation.com 269, South Beverly Drive Suite 772=
      , Beverly Hills CA, 90212 Tel: 1 805 201 2443

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS MESSAGE OR CONTACT ACES WITH YOUR APPL=
      ICATION OR WITH QUESTIONS FOR A PARTICULAR JOB POSTING -- INSTEAD, YOU SHOU=
      LD CONTACT THE COMPANY DIRECTLY. MESSAGES SENT TO ACES FROM APPLICANTS ARE =
      AUTOMATICALLY DELETED.