Editor / Designer, Tribune Media on Demand, Chicago

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2010
      Tribune Company is looking for a full-time editor/designer for its Media on Demand (MoD) team. We're looking for someone who possesses sound news judgment, copy editing skills, an ability to write snappy headlines and draw clean and attractive pages – all while working under multiple daily deadlines. This position promises to be challenging, evolving and thoroughly rewarding.

      A can-do attitude is a must as you will be expected to communicate with editors from various MoD client newspapers. Each day requires a talent for clear organization and project management.

      You would edit and design national sports stories and pages. Your responsibilities would also include placing designed content on the national, business and features pages we produce remotely. The work environment is fairly fast-paced but also provides ample opportunity for learning and growth.

      The requirements: College degree, 2-5 years of editing and design experience, preferably in a daily news deadline environment.

      The preferences: Proficiencies in Photoshop, InDesign, Layout Champ or a similar design program.

      Please send a cover letter, resume and published work examples to LaToya Smith, deputy national content editor, at llsmith@....

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
      OR CONTACT ACES WITH YOUR APPLICATION
      OR WITH QUESTIONS FOR A PARTICULAR