Copy editor/page designer, Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010
      The Lincoln Journal Star is seeking a talented copy editor with strong design skills to work on our news copy desk. Successful copy editors need to be able to write engaging headlines, have solid grammar and spelling skills and be able to design visually dynamic pages. Knowledge of libel law and AP style are a must. Two to five years of daily newspaper experience required. Experience with editing and posting online content is strongly desired. Work hours are approximately 4 pm to midnight with regular weekend and holiday shifts.

      The Lincoln Journal Star offers exciting career opportunities and competitive salary. This position is a full-time career opportunity offering a highly competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.

      Applicants must apply online at http://journalstar.com/app/workhere/ as well as send a resume, cover letter, references and design samples (PDF or JPEGs) via e-mail to News Editor Jim Johnson at jjohnson@.... Total file size of e-mail attachments cannot exceed 10MB. Multiple files can be sent in batches.

      We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.

      EOE