Kiplinger Social Media Fellowship, Ohio State, Columbus

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2010
      Want to learn the latest digital reporting skills?

      The journalism field has radically shifted. But when you're working endless hours and juggling two or three beats, it can be tough to make sense of it all.

      That's why the new Kiplinger Fellowship teaches you innovative digital tools and approaches -- all at no cost to you.

      This March 30-April 6, fifteen journalists will spend an intensive, hands-on week at Ohio State University, using social media to build a following, develop sources and cover their beats. We'll talk Twitter, deep web searches, digital footprints, SEO, the backchannel and more. Tools you can use to get a step ahead in the constantly evolving digital world.

      Then, back in the newsroom, you can log in for coaching sessions—getting tips and ideas from renowned journalists.

      And there's more—your editor has the option to attend our three-day condensed version of the training in June.

      And thanks to the generous support of the Kiplinger Foundation, all of this will be free-of-charge—plus we'll cover lodging and give you a travel stipend.

      Want to apply? Visit KiplingerProgram.org for more details, or access our online application now.

      Application Deadline: November 30, 2010

      Contact: Debra Jasper, Director
      Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism
      John Glenn School of Public Affairs
      (P) 614-247-6686
      jasper.1@...
      http://www.KiplingerProgram.org