Copy editor, The York Dispatch, York, Pa.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2010
      The York Dispatch, an award-winning afternoon newspaper in York, Pa., is looking for a top-notch copy editor for its news desk. Help us as we compete in a two-newspaper town — and don't give up your evening hours to do it. Copy editors here work 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; the bulk of the job is Harris pagination, the rest content editing with an opportunity to blog. We're an aggressive bunch, but we have fun, too. York is just a short drive from Harrisburg and Gettysburg, an hour from Baltimore and 2.5 hours from Philadelphia. Candidates with one to two years of experience or recent (but highly qualified) college graduates are welcome to apply. Send a cover letter, resume and page design samples to John Simcoe, 205 North George St., York, PA 17401 or e-mail to jsimcoe@....