News page designer, The Wichita Eagle, Wichita, Kan.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 2:04 PM
      Want to work in the heart of the entertainment district? The Wichita
      Eagle faces one of the liveliest parts of the city — full of new
      restaurants, theaters and clubs — and we want our news pages to be
      as bold and vibrant as the area we work in.

      If you're a talented visual journalist who has great design,
      typographic and Photoshop skills, a willingness to collaborate with
      other designers, at least three years' design experience, and an
      interest in Internet design, then you're the right candidate for our
      opening.

      As part of our design-only team, you will design pages for our print
      edition, as well as contribute to online design projects. You will
      create designs that are visually dynamic, stylistically consistent,
      well-organized and informative. You will work closely with our copy
      editors, news editors, photographers and online staff to present the
      news each day in a way that best meets the needs of our readers.

      As part of The Eagle's seven-member, award-winning Presentation
      Team, you will have access to a collegial work environment and
      opportunities to develop and expand your talents, which should include
      knowledge of all aspects of page production, excellent time-management
      skills, expertise in Quark and Adobe Photoshop, and familiarity with
      Adobe Flash, Freehand and Illustrator, and with HTML and CSS.

      Wichita is undergoing a major downtown revitalization, including a new
      arena and riverfront development. The city has a strong arts community,
      is family-friendly, and is attracting new businesses and airline
      services.

      If this seems like the job and place for you, send a resume, references
      and design samples to Kara Hunt, Human Resources Director, The Wichita
      Eagle, 825 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67202. Or e-mail to
      hr@....

      This ad is also posted at
      http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1188635

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE