Technical Editor, Tierra Right of Way Services, Tucson, Ariz.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2010
      Tierra Right of Way Services is a land services company that offers right of way, planning, and cultural and natural resources services to a diverse client base that includes various state and federal agencies, municipalities, and private companies. We seek a full-time, permanent editor for our Tucson, Arizona office to assist us in editing our archaeology, environmental, and planning reports; proposals; and other marketing materials, as needed. This position will involve copyediting, technical editing, formatting, and producing reports, books, proposals, and other materials for publication or presentation.

      The ideal candidate must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, work closely with writers in multiple departments and disciplines and in our satellite offices to ensure accuracy and clarity, work effectively in a collaborative team environment, and be proficient in word processing and layout software.

      Responsibilities

      -Edit archaeology, environmental, and planning reports; associated artwork and tables; proposals; and marketing materials for grammar, punctuation, spelling, consistency of style and terminology, organization, clarity, technical accuracy, and adherence to company style guide
      -Apply knowledge of formal, academic English and grammar to documents being edited
      -Format all reports and proposals using MS Office Suite to adhere to company style
      -Format books in our research series using Adobe InDesign
      -Format graphics in Adobe Photoshop for placement in reports
      -Report production
      -Administrative duties, such as report tracking, supply ordering, and scheduling printer maintenance

      Required Skills and Experience

      The ideal candidate must be experienced in the technical editing of academic writing and be able to work well both independently with minimal to moderate supervision and collaboratively in a team.
      -3-5 years of experience in the editing (copy and substantive) of technical or academic writing
      -Attention to detail and ability to apply knowledge of formal, academic writing conventions
      -Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
      -Proficient writing skills
      -Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others
      -Ability to work against strict deadlines and to organize multiple projects and time effectively for a quality product

      A B.A. in English or related discipline is preferred. A 30-minute editing test will be administered as part of the interview.

      Tierra offers a compensation package that includes medical coverage, a 401k plan, and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer.

      To apply, send a cover letter and a copy of your résumé in MS Word or PDF format to careers@.... Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
      OR CONTACT ACES WITH YOUR APPLICATION
      OR WITH QUESTIONS FOR A PARTICULAR