Copy editor, Bankrate
- Do you cringe when you come across grammatical errors? Do those who interchangeably use "your" and "you're" make you just a little bit crazy? If so, you could be a great Copy Editor candidate for our website.
The award-winning editorial staff of Bankrate.com is seeking a copy editor with a strong journalism background, extensive knowledge of AP style, impeccable grammar and interactive story-telling experience. Knowledge of HTML and SEO are required.
The ideal candidate must possess traditional copy editor skills such as a keen eye for language, a proofreader's attention to detail and the creativity to write clever headlines.
Bankrate's copy editors are the last line of defense before any content is published to the site.
* Copy editing and fact-checking of all daily stories, including newsletters and blogs.
* Working in the content management system to schedule content across the site.
* Being creative and striving to add color to headlines and teases appearing across the site.
* Working closely with editors and reporters to present content in a compelling style.
* Compiling and editing columns weekly for publication in newspapers.
* Building the Bankrate home page and channel pages.
* Building modules for the home page to promote content.
* College degree, preferably in Journalism or English.
* Know HTML, SEO and adept at learning new systems.
* Strong knowledge of AP style, and an excellent copy editor and fact checker.
* Understanding of personal finance issues.
* Experience with a CMS.
* Be a team player who is self-motivated and easily adaptable to change.
* Not afraid to ask questions and to look things up.
* Working understanding of PCs, Microsoft Office and Dreamweaver.
* Ability to laugh if the stress level gets high.
Please send your resume to Debjr333@.... New college grads are welcome to apply.
About Bankrate, Inc.
Bankrate, Inc. ("Bankrate") owns and operates Bankrate.com, a leading Internet consumer banking marketplace.Bankrate.com is a destination site of personal finance channels, including mortgage, banking, investing, retirement, taxes, debt management and college finance. Bankrate is the leading aggregator of more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used auto loans, money market accounts and CDs, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. Bankrate reviews more than 4,800 financial institutions in 575 markets in 50 states. In 2009, Bankrate, Inc. had nearly 60 million unique visitors.